Don't get caught with a dead battery!
One of the most important components to your car running properly, and even starting, is the battery. The battery and electrical systems in your car are very vital to the car powering on and all the buttons and components working while it’s on.
What it does?
- Your car battery is responsible for starting your car engine, storing power that is generated by the alternator, and powering the secondary electrical systems that your car has. Some of those secondary systems are things like: power windows, power seats, radio, lights, and windshield wipers.
- The first thing to note with your car battery is the fact that it’s rechargeable! Unlike most other components to your vehicle, your battery and be recharged or jump started as an easy fix. Because of this it’s a great idea to keep some jumper cables or a transportable battery charging system to charge your battery. You never know when your car might decide not to start, or you might need to assist another driver in need.
- Another important thing about your car battery s that it’s recyclable too. When you have an old car battery that you can no longer use, take it somewhere that recycles them, and it greatly helps reduce the materials needed to make new batteries. Recycling your car batteries reduces dangerous chemicals in landfills.
- To help take proper care of your battery
- To keep from constantly running down the battery, turn off those secondary electrical systems when they are not in use, i.e. cabin lights, headlights, and the radio.
- Make sure to keep the battery and the area around it clean and free of oxidation. It is also recommended to get some sort of corrosion protection for your battery as well.
- Make sure to check the hold-down clamps and terminals, make sure they are nice and tight.
- Test the battery condition.
The battery and electrical system in your vehicle are very important and vital components to make it run properly and comfortably. Please don’t hesitate to bring your vehicle in to have Tyrell Tires inspect any battery or electrical issues that you think your car may be experiencing. If you’re looking for a new battery, our staff are happy to help you find the right one for your car and decide which brand is best for you.